Human - Culture & Heritage
Cultural Use includes traditional and current use of specific ocean, coastal, and shoreline areas by tribal and indigenous communities, based on the area’s inherent cultural, spiritual, or aesthetic values and significance; it excludes activities that can be classified in other “Ocean Use” categories.
Maritime heritage includes not only physical resources such as historic shipwrecks and prehistoric archaeological sites, but also archival documents, oral histories, and the stories of indigenous cultures that have lived and used the ocean for centuries.
- US Historic Lighthouses, NOAA, 2018
- National Register of Historic Places, NPS, 2021
- TSP Visual Resource Management, Scenic Class Value Viewsheds, OCMP, 2019
- TSP Visual Resource Management, Scenic Quality Evaluations, OCMP, 2019
- TSP Visual Resource Management, Special Area Viewsheds, OCMP, 2019
- TSP Visual Resources Management, Special Area Viewpoints, OCMP, 2019
- Wrecks and Obstructions, NOAA, 2021